|Taylor Site, Paluxy Riverbed, 1984, Glen Rose, TX
The Taylor Site contains several trackways of largely infilled, metatarsal dinosaur footprints once considered human by many creationists, and a trail of deeper, more typical digitigrade dinosaur tracks. Click image for larger view. Photograph (C) 1984, Glen J. Kuban
For many years claims were made by "young-earth" creationists (YECs) that human footprints or "giant man tracks" occur alongside fossilized dinosaur tracks in the limestone beds of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose Texas. If true, such a finding would dramatically contradict the conventional geologic timetable, which holds that humans did not appear on earth until over 60 million years after non-avian dinosaurs became extinct. However, the "man track" claims have not stood up to close scientific scrutiny, and in recent years have been abandoned even by most creationists.
35th Annual |
MAPS Fossil Expo
America's Largest All-fossil Show
April 5 - 7, 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
For more info contact the
Mid-America Paleontology Society
A few individuals such as Carl Baugh, Don Patton, and Ian Juby, continue to promote the Paluxy "man tracks" or alleged human tracks in Mesozoic or Paleozoic from other localities, but such claims are not considered credible by either mainstream scientists or major creationist groups. When examined thoroughly and carefully, the Paluxy tracks not only provide no positive evidence for young-earth creationism, but are found to be among many other lines of geologic evidence which indicate that the earth has had a long and complex history.
This web site provides a collection of articles reviewing the history of the Paluxy controversy and relevant evidence, articles on other alleged out-of-order fossils and artifacts, and information and links boarder aspects of trace fossils, paleontology, and the "creation/evolution" issue. Unless otherwise noted, the articles and illustrations are by myself (Glen Kuban). The site now includes a photo gallery of dinosaur track sites. Among the recent additions is a review of an alleged stegosaurus carving on a temple in Cambodia, an article explaining why trace fossils refute "Flood Geology," and a recently published scientific paper containing extensive documentation of the Paluxy tracksites.
I welcome comments, questions, and corrections from visitors. Feel free to
contact me at gkpaleo at yahoo.com (just replace the "at" with @ and close
the spaces; I'm doing this to reduce spam). Since some visitors have asked about my
background, I have included a brief bio.
Thanks, and enjoy your visit!
A Review of ICR Impact Article 151
- Addresses misconceptions in ICR's 1986 statement on the Paluxy controversy
Dinosaur Tracksites of the Paluxy River Valley (Glen Rose Formation, Lower Cretaceous)...
by J. Farlow, M. OBrien, G. Kuban, et al (2012).
Scientific paper reviewing the major Paluxy tracksites and track types.
ICR Continues to Disseminate Misinformation on
the Paluxy tracks
ICR continues to selling materials which, in contradiction to their own recommendation, promotes the Paluxy "man track" claims.
Retracking Those Incredible "Man Tracks"
- A review of "man track" claims since 1986
"Alvis Delk Track"
- Reviews new claims regarding a "human track" overlapped by a dinosaur track on a loose block of Cretaceous rock from Glen Rose, Texas.
"The Burdick Print"
- A loose "giant man track" track promoted by Carl Baugh & Don Patton
The "Meister Print"
- Reviews an alleged sandal print with trilobites from Antelope Springs, Utah
The "Coffee Print" [Draft]
- Reviews an alleged human print on a loose slab of Permian rock from Stinnett, Texas
The Zapata Track [Draft]
- Reviews an alleged human print on a loose rock from New Mexico
Do Human Tracks Occur in the Kayenta of Arizona?
- A review of CRSQ Reports on Alleged 'Humanoid' Tracks in Arizona
Alleged Nevada "shoe print"
"Giant Tracks" at Carson City, Nevada prison?
A Russian "Paluxy?"
- Addresses dinosaur and "human-like" prints in Turkmenistan
Langebaan Lagoon footprints, South Aftrica
- An alleged fossilized cowboy leg in a modern boot
"Alleged Hand Print in Cretaceous Rock"
An Alleged Cretaceous Finger
Alleged Cretaceous "human hands"
A Tale of Two Teeth
- Dr. Ronnie Hastings refutes an alleged Cretaceous "human tooth" from the Paluxy Riverbed.
"Lake Erie Monster?"
- An alleged baby "lake monster"
The London Hammer
- An alleged out-of-place artifact from London, Texas.
The "Moab Man"-"Malachite Man"
- Alleged human bones in Cretaceous sandstone, Moab, Utah
The "Onyate Man"
- A Dinosaur -- Eating a Human?
Alleged Iron Pot in Coal
Men Over Ten Feet Tall? by Ed Babibski
- Discusses claims by Carl Baugh and Kent Hovind about "giant" skeletons
AIG's 'What About Carl Baugh?' web page
- Critique of Baugh's claims by the creationst organization Answers in Genesis
A Matter of Degree
- An examination of Carl Baugh's claimed credentials
Dinosaur and Alleged Human Trackways
- A commentary by David Tyler of the Biblical Creation Society, a creationist organization in Great Britian.
Other Views: Carl Baugh A commentary on Carl Baugh's claims, by Stephen Meyers.
NBC's TV special "The Mysterious Origins of Man" - Reviewed
- Claims of human tracks and a "fossilized finger" promoted on national TV
Dinosaur Valley State Park, Glen Rose, TX
- Information about park facilitites and attractions, including descriptions and photos of the dinosaur tracks.
On the Right Track
- The Relevance of Dinosaur Tracks to Extinctions
"Seeking Ancient Paths"
- A retrospective by John Armstrong following a Paluxy visit (1989 ASA/PSCF article)
Of Dinosaurs and Men - By Arthur V. Chadwick of Keene College, TX (1987)
The Rise and Fall of the Paluxy Mantracks, by Ronnie J. Hastings (1988 ASA Article)
Creation/Evolution, Issue 21, Vol. 7, No. 2, Summer 1987
- Tracking Those Incredible Creationists - The Trail Goes On, by R. J. Hastings
Creation/Evolution, Issue 17, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1986 Includes the following articles:
- A Summary of The Taylor Site Evidence, by Glen Kuban
- Tracking Those Incredible Creationists: The Trail Continues, by Ronnie J. Hastings
- Man-A Contemporary of the Dinosaurs? by Alexandr Romashko, translated by Frank Zindler
- Scientific Creationism and Error, by Robert Schadewald
Creation/Evolution, Winter, 1985, Issue 15, Vol. 5, No. 1 Includes the following articles:
- Tracking Those Incredible Creationists, by R.J. Hastings
- Foot Notes of an Anatomist, by L.R. Godfrey
- Mantracks? The Fossils Say No!, by J.R. Cole, L.R. Godfrey, and S.D. Schafersman
- If I Had a Hammer, by J.R. Cole
- It Ain't Necessarily So: Giants and Biblical Literalism, by J.R. Cole
Creation/Evolution, Issue 06 (Volume 2, Number 4 - Fall 1981) Includes the following articles:
"Dinosaur Tracks and Giant Men" by Berney Neufeld, 1975
- Early creationist publication critical of the Paluxy "man track" claims,
based on 1970-71 field work by a team from Loma Linda University.
Thunder in His Footsteps. by Roland T. Bird, 1939 Natural History article.
- Paleontologist from the American Museum of Natural History relates his early Paluxy work
A Dinosaur Walks into the Museum, Roland T. Bird, Natural History Magazine, Feb. 1941
- Classic article about the early Paluxy excavations
Reply to Unfounded Rumor
- Refutes groundless insinuations that Glen Kuban destroyed a track.
Web Sites on Dinosaur Tracks
- Other sites on dinosaur tracks and ichnology (the study of trace fossils)
Links on Texas dinosaurs and paleontology
- Texas museums, fossil clubs, and websites on Texas fossils and dinosaurs
- References on the geology and paleontology of the Glen Rose Formation
Paluxy River Track References, compiled by Paul Heinrich
- Comprehensive list of Paluxy references
Stegosaur Carving on a Cambodian Temple? - A review of claims that a dinosaur is depicted on the Ta Prohm Temple in Cambodia
Living Pterosaurs? - A review of claims that pterodactyls or other pterosaurs survived into modern times.
Sea-monster or Shark? - Review of a supposed plesiosaur carcass netted by a Japanese trawler in 1977.
A Russian Plesiosaur? - Review of a supposedly "mysterious" carcass washed up in Russia in 2006.
No Physical Death Before the Fall?
Does the Bible Describe Dinosaurs in the Book of Job?
Do Radio Halos Demonstrate a Recent Creation?
Fossil Tracks and Other Trace Fossils Refute Flood Geology
Meteorite Craters Challenge Young Earthism and Flood Geology
Diseases Challenge Recent Global Flood
Genetic Diversity Challenges Recent Global Flood
Evidence for an Old Earth     Includes links on radiometric dating and the age of the earth.
The Geologic Column and its Implications for the Flood Talk.Origins article by Glenn Morton
Thorougly refutes common YEC claims that the geologic column is ficticious
Were the Creation "Days" Literal 24 Hour Days?
Links on recent claims about dinosaur blood
Rebuttals of other young-earth arguments
Includes links and articles on the alleged shrinking sun, speed of light decay, missing neutrinos, oil pressure, polystrate fossils, human population growth, moon dust, decay of the earth's magnetic fiend, sedimentation rates, Walter Brown's hydroplate model, and more.
American Scientific Affiliation
Organization of scientists who are also Christians interested in exploring issues of science and faith. The "Topic Collections" links on their home page provide a wealth of information on the origins debate.
Richard Deem's God and Science web site showing that young-earth creationism is Biblically and scientifically unsound.
Institute for Biblical and Scientific Studies by
Stephen C. Meyers
Features many articles on various aspects of creationism and Biblical archaeology
Answers in Creation website by Greg Neyman, an evangelical Christian whose site debunks young earthism.
Biologos Forum - Science and Faith in Dialogue.
"Evolution for Christians" by Robert J. Schneider
by Glenn Morton.
Glenn relates an affliction he once shared with many young-earth creationists
Paul Pavao's "Proof of Evolution" site
Compelling evidence for evolution presented by a Christian author
Neglect of Geologic Data, by the late Dan Wonderly
Wonderly's book presents many lines of robust evidence demonstrating that the earth has had a long and complex history. A must-read for anyone with a serious interest in the Creation-evolution controversy.
God's Time Records in Ancient Sediments, by Dan Wonderly
Another excellent book demonstrating many strong lines of geologic evidence for and old earth.
Dick Fischer's Creation/Evolution website.
Two interesting articles by Fischer:
Days of Creation: Hours or Eons?
Young-earth Creationism: a Literal Mistake
Young-Earth Creationism: A Literal Enigma addresses fundamental problems in the approach of young-earth advocates
Some Personal Testimonies of Former Young Earth Creationists (from ASA website)
Talk.Origins archive. The largest collection of origins-related articles on the web. Includes secular and theistic authors, mostly from mainstream scientific perspectives.
EvoWiki A large compilation of articles on origins
Fossil Sorting EvoWiki site refuting Flood Geology
"Flood Geology" Vs. Common Sense by Ed Babinski
A Challenge to Young Earth Creationists by Jack DeBaun
Outlines numerous lines of robust empirical evidence which refute a young earth
"The GISP2 Ice Core: Ultimate Proof that Noah's Flood was Not Global" by Paul H. Seely
Supernova 1987A Refutes 6000 Year Old Universe by Geno Castagnoli.
My Thoughts on Global Warming
Visit Glen's K-Paleo |
Museum-quality track casts
and fossil reproductions
|Glen's eBay auctions|