Paleontology for Teachers and Students
Although any paleontology related site can be considered educational,
the sites listed here are ones that are especially useful for
students and/or teachers. For any stressed out teachers who
need some comic relief, visit my
Paleo Laugh's and Gaffes page , which includes a
section on teacher and student humor. New submissions are always
Glen J. Kuban
Archives and FAQS of the Talk.Origins newsgroup
- A large, searchable collection of articles and postings
from the Talk.origins newsgroup.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Covers a wide range of common questions about paleontology
and fossil collecting, with many useful links. This site
is sponsored by the University of California's Museum of
Paleontology and the Regents at University of California.
PaleoScene - Museum Quality Fossil Replicas (casts)
Very reasonable prices, plus discounts for teachers!
Also carries inexpensive real fossils
Fossil Facts and Finds site Has good information on fossils, fossil
collecting, buying fossils, and teacher resporces.
Fossil Field Trip Methods, Equipment, Safety
- By Glen Kuban. An excerpt from Glen's book Introduction
to Fossil Collecting
Fossils: Window to the Past
- A good introduction to paleontology explaining what fossils
are, how they form, and types of preservation. Sponsored by
the Univiversity of California at Berkeley.
- A collecting of links to geologic time tables and issues of time.
Learning From the Fossil Record.
- Another educational site from the Univ. of California at Berkeley
National Center for Science Education.
- Focuses on the teaching of evolution and the
the C/E controversy. Includes summaries of NCSE publications
and information on joining NCSE.
Official state Dinosaurs and Fossils